These moist, fudge Black Bean Brownies are Vegan & Gluten Free. You won’t guess they contain black beans. Such a great alternative to traditional brownies!
Without being modest, black bean brownies recipe is one the most requested recipes in restaurants and bakeries. This is simply because when people eat these incredibly fudgy bean brownies, they never get enough of them. And to the surprise of many the brownies are made with black beans and no flour is used. That generates a lot of curiosity which is tempting enough to make you try this recipe at home.
I know you might have tried mediocre bean brown recipes and got surprising results. But worry not that is the way the internet is misleading people who don’t realize it’s a wasteland of ideas. I actually advise people on getting recipes from kitchen gurus and qualified chef. I have to admit that there are a lot of awful black bean recipes all over the internet. But my recipe is well-researched and all aspects have been balanced to create an easy-to-follow recipe that will deliver incredible results.
What are black bean brownies?
A black bean brownie is a dessert made from black beans and doesn’t require the use of flour to hold the ingredients together. This dessert is very healthy since it’s rich in magnesium, iron, fiber, and proteins. My black brownies recipe is also gluten-free and it is very safe for people living a gluten-free lifestyle.
If you are still wondering how black beans can possibly make a delicious dessert without the use of flour, here are the tricks.
This recipe is a perfection of a whole month’s research. I used just eight ingredients so as to make it easy for anyone to follow. The ingredients used are also readily available and most of them are found in almost every kitchen. To attain the best results you must trust the beans, they work magic. Once you prepare the beans in the correct way you will not feel them or their taste in the brownie. It will be awesome and gorgeous and this is why I insist on making every step count.
The recipe is simple and will only require the use of a food processor in the preparations. I mixed and processed the ingredients as listed so as to make a promising batter. You also realize that this recipe uses no flour, therefore you should adapt a preparation method that will help to eliminate the taste of the black beans. The only trick here is to ensure the weights of the ingredients are very accurate as listed in the recipe. Otherwise, you will notice some taste of the beans which will make the taste ordinary. I also combined the black beans and flax seeds to make the brownie taste more natural.
The recipe might sound too good to be right but once you give it a try you will realize it is legit. The end product will taste like the normal fudgy brownies but remember these are vegetarian and gluten-free brownies.Key take away
- Black bean brownies require no flour to be complete.
- The brownies are gluten-free.
- They are also healthy for vegetarians.
- The brownies are rich in nutrients and are low in sugars.
VEGAN BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- Black beans ( soaked overnight)- 1¾ cup
- Vegetable oil* ( any of your choice)- 3 tbsp
- Flax-seeds- 2½ tbsp
- Water- 7 tbsp / 100 ml
- Cocoa powder- ½ cup*
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Pure vanilla extract- 1½ tsp
- Baking powder- 1½ tsp
- Brown sugar- ½ cup
- Blanched sliced almonds- 1½ tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grind flax-seeds using a grinder. Combine the ground flax-seeds with water.
- Transfer flax-seed mixture to a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients ( except the blanched sliced almonds) & beat about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides when needed. The batter should be thick but not runny.
- Divide the batter between 9 muffin cups ( medium-sized). Top with blanched slice almond ( or any nuts of your choice).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes ( depends on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 20 minutes before removing from the muffin cups.
- These black bean brownies are very soft & can be crumbled easily, so remove very gently.
- Store the brownies in a an airtight container for up to 4 days.
* Real chocolate lovers can increase this amount up to ¾ cup but the brownies will have a really bitter taste.