The Best recipe for Spaghetti Alle Vongole. It is a very flavorful, juicy pasta dish, made with clams, garlic and parsley & Italian tomatoes.
As a chef, do you feel like you need to advance your cooking style to other delicacies beyond your local foods? Or are you someone who like to try new recipes every time you are in the kitchen? Well, for a fact, the kitchen adventure is fun, and can never be exhausted. It is for this reason that every meal you prepare need to have a different cooking style or a secret ingredient. From this, therefore, you should try the Italian delicacy – Spaghetti alle vongole. It can be a surprise to your family, friends or customers.
As Italian meals rise in popularity, Spaghetti alle vongole is among the best. It is an Italian-made meal that is simply pasta cooked in its own unique way. Being unique, ever wondered how to use clams in your cooking? Then, this meal will enable you to put them into use. With clams and parsley as the differing ingredient, it also never includes tomato sauce, cream, and most certainly any cheese. And for better, tasty and heavier sauce with the pasta, a blend of olive oil and butter can be used.
However, to prepare the best Spaghetti alle vongole, the clams should be cautiously handled to prevent ruining your food. As they are extracted from the sea, they may have accumulated dirt, sand, and muddy silt. If this is never eliminated before cooking, it may muck you up making you criticized as the worst cook. To avoid this, and ensuring that you are eating clean briny clams, buy them earlier than you are planning to use them. Put them in a large container with salty water for a day or two to eliminate sand. If a lot of sand accumulates at the bottom of the pot, rinse them and immediately change the water.
Now that you have all the ingredients ready: clean clams, dry spaghetti, parsley, a blend of olive oil and butter, garlic, and wine, let’s get cooking, shall we? All you need to do is boil the spaghetti for a minute less in non-salted water – it will fully cook in the sauce, and no salt prevents your delicacy from being over salty since clams are sea extracted and are salty. Again, on your large pan, you will need to add the other ingredients except the clams, and heat until they are fragrant. Now add the clams and wine while covering the pan until they open up. To this point, you can remove the lid, increase heat, and drain the pasta into the open clams. For perfect coating, toss this mixture and your dish is ready to serve.
Hence, being straightforward and quick to prepare, it is nevertheless delicious enough to even a jaded foodie. And the best part, it does not involve tedious work of preparation and after cleaning. However, it will be wise to ensure that all your clams are cleaned by storing them in salty water for a considerable amount of time before use. Again, as opposed to standard cooking, never use salted water to boil the spaghetti. It is to avoid ending up with over-salted spaghetti alle vongole, which will be a disappointment.
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE
- Clams ( vongole veraci)- 1 kg
- Linguini/Spaghetti- 320 gm
- Cherry tomatoes (cut in halves) -100 gm
- Lemon- 1( juice & rind)
- Garlic cloves-1-2
- Olive oil- 100 ml
- Parsley (chopped)-20 gm
- Salt & Red chili- To Taste
- Boil spaghetti in slightly salted water 11 minutes or as indicated on the package. Keep 2-4 tbsp of cooking water. Put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Add the washed and cleaned clams. Cook (covered), shaking the pan occasionally for 7 minutes or until the clams open. Remove any clams that do not open.
- Take a small bowl, place a strainer with a piece of light white cloth over it , pour the sauce left in the pan and filter thoroughly.
- Again heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and tomatoes; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and 1 tsp of lemon rind, pour the sauce previously filtered. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add to the pan the shelled clams, the whole ones, chopped red chili. Rapidly mix and turn off the heat after a couple of minutes.
- Immediately add spaghetti to the pan with the clams, pour 2-4 tbsp of cooking water and mix everything quickly. Garnish with fresh parsley.